Saturday, March 7, 2015

Pants-less award


How fun! I was nominated for a blogging award by Adi from second bedroom. Adi and her husband Matt are also IRL friends. She lives nearby and just had her miracle baby O! He's a cutie and I see lots of play dates in our future!  

It's called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Awa..... Oh wait, I keep wanting to say this and the picture doesn't help! ;) it's called The Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award. From the quick google search I did, it appears this award is to recognize the unique voices of Women everywhere. I capitalize Women because we are all such strong, bold Women who make an impact on others daily. I know you have all impacted my being and I am thankful for that everyday!  Ok, here goes...


The Rules:
  1. Link to the person who nominated you.
  2. Add the award logo.
  3. Answer the questions your nominator asked.
  4. Nominate 7 other blogs.
  5. Ask your nominees 10 questions.

Adi's Questions...

1.  What's something you love about yourself?

My strength. Even more than my journey through infertility and miscarriage, I've been through a lot of shit in my life. But whatev's. I try not to dwell on it or let it effect me in a negative way. Not to say it doesn't get me down sometimes but everyone's "got shit". If you don't, you're lying!

2. What makes you and your partner suited to one another?

Steve and I started dating when we lived in different states. Every weekend one of us would drive to see the other 3-4 hours away. Sometimes longer because driving through New York is always an X-factor. During the week our relationship was built on phone conversations. We learned to communicate effectively from the beginning. I think that has made all the difference in our relationship. That and the fact that we would do ANYTHING for one another. I really mean it. I know for a fact he would do anything to make me happy and I know I would do the same for him. 

3. What's the perfect day you've had?

I would say my wedding. I would say the day my kid was born. Or the day I met my husband. Those were all phenomenal days! Life changing! But I would say that a perfect day is one spent waking up slowly with a cup of coffee, maybe a morning movie followed by a hike or a walk outside on a sunny, warm but not too warm day. After a nice hot shower I would sit outside with my family and have some lunch under the cabana. Maybe a beer or two. Then early to bed. I know. I'm lame-o. I'm just a simple girl. I prefer not to do the extraordinary but instead I like to find the extraordinary in the simple things. 

4. What's your spot in your home?

Under the cabana by the pool. But in the winter it's covered in snow. :(

5. What would you love to do this weekend?

I would love to lay by the pool and feel the warm sun on my skin. Maybe even drink an ice cold beer under the cabana with my husband. I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here. Soon enough. Then I'll be wishing the heat away. Are you seeing my obsession here?

6. Tell me a story of you as a kid. Any age!!!

I don't have big memories from being a kid. My dad died when I was pretty young then my life became one that I don't care to relive. I do remember being little and my dad would feed the homeless people in downtown Philadelphia every Sunday. My dad was an amazing person! I wasn't allowed to go most Sunday's because he said it was too dangerous. He wouldn't think twice about going into abandoned houses or other places where you would find drugs. He just wanted to touch lives and that he did. Every Christmas he would collect wrapped presents and go around to homeless shelters bringing them to children. I would get to go with him and it has always been etched into my mind ever since. Really and truely what the holidays are about. Giving. Loving. Humanity. I know this story is more my Dad's but it is such a big part of me. 

7. What's on your nightstand?

I took a picture this morning when I read this so that I could reference when I actually wrote this blog. So I'll post it. 



A tall lamp.  Two bottles of lotion - one for really dry skin and one that smells REALLY GOOD! (Thanks Diva!).  Two peppermints that were in my pocket when i got in bed.  A glass of water and a cup of coffee.  As you can see it's 6:52 am and I had a late opening so I took my time getting up and feeding the babe and pumping.  Otherwise I would be walking out the door in about 10 minutes. Speaking of which there are two pumping bottles with breast milk. One from the breast my kid just ate verified by the small amount pumped out. There is the hand held monitor from the video monitor we were given. Also one ear plug. I wear one to help me sleep and switch it during the night when I turn over. My kid STTN but I'm too afraid to wear two that I may not hear him. Then there are my glasses. I'm surprised they aren't upside down. I'm not too careful with them. Under the night stand I have the other half of the video monitor, Sophie and baby vicks. 

8. Name something off your bucket list or just something you hope to do some day. 

Aurora borealis. I want to see the amazement in person. 

9. What's your favorite outfit? (Bonus points for pictures)

I wore it today!

I like simple. I like plain. I'm a white & cream kind of girl. When I wear color, it's usually gray or blue. That's as wild as I get. These are my fav jeans and cozy sweater. It was the day after it snowed up here and Friday, so I decided cozy dress down Friday was in order. 

10. Say something nice about a fellow blogger. 

I could pick any of you! Adi - your a sweet person and an amazing baker to boot! Suzanne - I marvel in amazement at your strength. Everyday. Amie - always supportive. Always. Even when you're "feeling it" you are always there to rejoice with others. Amanda - what can I say that I haven't said before? Always the first to comment and lift me up or offer your excitement. You are going to be such a great Mommy. Your heart is Gold! Allison - you know I love you and Rowie. Laura - my first bestie blogger. Squeezes to you and Ruby! I guess I can't really pick just one but today I pick Beth. Beth, you know you're my girl! I wouldn't have gotten through my pregnancy without your support and I'm so thankful for your friendship. Your texts lift me up, keep me smiling and make my day! XOXO girl. I will come visit you guys some day! Really!

Here's where I have to pick 10. Or 7. What's the rules? AHHH..... Hell with the rules. 

Amanda @ genuine graveau
Tonisha@ two girls mom

And my questions....

1. Tell me about something you feel most passionate about. 

2.  What is your all time favorite movie?

3.  What is one thing that you absolutely hate doing but one you have to do everyday?

4.  If you had a boat, what would you name it?

5.  If you were buying a puppy, what breed would it be & what would you name it?

6.  What is your favorite time of year and why do you like it best?

7.  If you could witness any event from the past, present or future, what would it be?

8.  Who do people say you look like? Bonus points for pictures. 

9.  What is your best and/or worst quality?

10.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

Ready...... Set........ GO!!


3 comments:

  1. Aw thank you so much Heidi, you are too sweet!! I'll will have to start working on this after my nerves have calmed down some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to nominate me. I'm going to think about these and probably post this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi!!! What in the world?!?! Have you been here long? How did I miss this?!?! Ugggghh! Crappy, crappy, crappy friend. I'm going to get caught up here. Adding to my to do list.

    Thanks for the award, sweet friend! You are THE BEST! Lots of love to you and the little man!

    ReplyDelete