Sunday, November 1, 2015

(Second) Halloween

RRRAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!

Really his first, seeing that last year he was a bitty one day old baby. Yes. You read that right. He was here this time last year. That makes him ...... ONE!! I can't even.  We had a low key birthday. We didn't plan a party. We just had a weekend long celebration. Friday was his actual birthday. His daycare was having a Halloween celebration so we sent him. I tossed around the idea of taking the day off and finally decided that he would have the most fun with his 'big' friends and we would celebrate on Saturday with a trip to the aquarium. I did end up feeling guilty all day on Friday that I didn't take the day off. A mom's life is filled with guilt.  (I'm not alone on this am I?) 

We've been busy. A few weeks ago we had a blast at the apple orchard with our friend Owen and his parents. 


Kyle kept trying to hug or tackle Owen. I'm not sure which, I didn't let him get far enough to find out. My guy is a bruiser!





Kyle has been fighting naps with us, so this Saturday, after two hours of crying and fighting sleep, we cried it out. He cried for 20 minutes. Then he fell right to sleep. It was hard. I worried if we did the right thing. Until Sunday. He started fussing again so we put him in his crib. Kissed him. Told him we lived him.  He cried for two minutes! Yup! TWO! It was great. He slept for two hours and woke up happy. Happier than he's been in a long time! Cry it out for the win!! 



This kid sure is a fall baby. I love him. I feel blessed everyday to have him. We are a lucky little family. 

5 comments:

  1. Love these pictures. I feel you on the letting them cry it out. I've done that with my son a couple times only because I know he is tired but fights his sleep. That usually puts him right to sleep after I pick him up and give him his paci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 year to Kyle!!! Too bad our baby boys couldn't share a birthday :(. Owell I'm guaranteed he'll at least make it before Thanksgiving for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fall! That picture of him in the leaves is one of the best pictures of him ever, I think. I love it. It was great to see you guys, and so glad he's napping better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! I love his little hat! I also felt super guilty for not taking off Millie's birthday from work...definitely not alone there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh time flies! I used to follow you, but I don't think that your blog has been showing on my feed anymore. I'll have to check that!

    He's such a cute little man!

    ReplyDelete