Monday, January 12, 2015

Maternity Leave Expiration

Today's the day. 
Right now is the moment. 
I have to put him down and go. 


I don't want to go. 


I hit the publish button this morning but there was an error so it didn't publish and I didn't realize. 

My day is over. I am home snuggling again. 


It wasn't horrible. I cried my eyes out the whole way to work and for the first 45 minutes of my day before the kids came but it got easier as the day wore on. It helped that all the kids were excited to see me. I actually think they were just as disappointed that I didn't bring him as I was! Haha. They all asked where he was. Gotta love them!! One little girl asked me why my stomach was so flat. She's my new BFF. :) 

ok, I need to spend the rest of my night snuggling. Thank you all for your thoughts. They definitely got me through the day. 

Oh - please notice that he's wearing his PJ's in the before & after picture. Daddy had him all day & said it was a PJ day. Daddy was still wearing his too so I bought it. ;)


8 comments:

  1. Leaving baby is so hard. Is hubby going to be staying home with him usually?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreading my return date 2/16 :( I love that girl that asked about your stomach!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw girl, i was thinking of you today. Glad you got thru the day... enjoy all the snuggles tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! I hope it went okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't imagine how hard that must be. I'm not looking forward to the day I have to leave our little man and go back to work. But I'm glad you survived it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I'm glad it went ok but I'm sure you would have rather been a part of the pj party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're surviving! I've been thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm happy to hear your first day back got better and better!! I love that they shared a pajama day! those are some of the best days! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete